There is no better place in the world than Dublin, Ireland to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. You can experience the best of live music, great pints, fab food and even greater craic all in the heart of our buzzing city. With so many different things to discover, here are our top 5 things we recommend you give a whirl this St. Patrick’s Day weekend.
1. Get a front row seat this year at the St. Patrick’s Day parade. The world famous parade will be kicking off March 17th at 12pm in Dublin city centre and will thrill and amaze millions of people from across the globe as it crosses our city. Expect plenty world famous street entertainers, fantastic marching bands and colourful pageant schools. Get all the info you need right here to ensure a front row view.
2. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the home of Guinness, by visiting the Guinness Storehouse. Enjoy a fun day of live music, delicious food, jaw dropping views and of course a Guinness or two. THIS is one very special way to spend St. Patrick’s Day and certainly one to remember.
3. Make sure to check out Dublin’s iconic landmarks which will be going green to celebrate our national holiday including Trinity College, The Mansion House, GPO, The Custom House and many more. Green has never looked so good!
4. Walk in the footsteps of St. Patrick led by Dublin author and historian Pat Liddy. Discover the fascinating history behind the legend that is St. Patrick. Tours are available in both English and German. See www.walkingtours.ie for more details.
5. Dublin is filled with pubs and bars that are rich in heritage and character. Grab a stool in Mary’s Bar & Hardware on Wicklow Street, relax and enjoy the pints, craic and ceoil. After all, Mary is yer only man and this is a truly authentic way to spend St. Patrick’s Day.