St. Patrick’s Day, a day that fills our hearts and minds with Irish pride and our streets with all things green, falls on Friday March 17th this year, meaning we have an entire weekend to celebrate the joy of being Irish, with our friends from around the world!
Marching bands, dancers, acrobats, bagpipers, Irish step dancers, choirs from Ireland and international destinations will be joining the parade to showcase the very best in talent and entertainment. The world-renowned St Patrick’s Day parade will bring joy to Dublin’s streets when it kicks off at 12 noon from Parnell Square and winding its way throughout the city centre, with thousands of people lining its every turn and bend.
If there was ever an excuse to spend a day sipping on a pint of Guinness, St. Patrick’s Day is the day. Below we have created a list of the best places for a pint of Guinness in Dublin, all of which are in walking distance from The Clarence. Time to get drinking the black stuff!
- The Octagon Bar – in The Clarence Hotel
- Guinness Store House – 7 min walk from The Clarence
- Marys Bar & Hardware Shop – 10 min walk from The Clarence
- Kehoe’s – 14 min walk from The Clarence
- Grogan’s – 10 min from The Clarence
- Neary’s Bar & Lounge – 12 min from The Clarence